Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlosBe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Policy Sharing Issue to one EPO server

We policy share to several server, but this one in particular always gives an error and fails with error message: Policy Sharing failed for server "XXXXX" due to null.   

It seems to fail on one policy, but I have removed the extensions for that component on the receving server, then it fails on another policy.   Anyone ever see this? 

4 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Policy Sharing Issue to one EPO server

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Hello @CarlosBe 

Thanks for your post,

Could you please try checking once Audit Log in your ePO.

What exactly you are seeing in the Orion.log?

All the policies will come from the extension, If extension is removed from the ePO so in that case there would be no policy available for that particular point product.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

CarlosBe
Level 9
Message 4 of 5

The audit log on the receiving servers says successful for those policies that are shared successfully.    There is nothing in that audit log that says failed.  In the server task log, it shows the error shown above always on the same policy.  

To clarify, all the EPO servers have the exact same extensions.     On this particular receiving EPO server, the policy share kept failing on the same policy each time.    Hence why I tried to remove that extension from the receiving EPO server to test.     The policy share made it further, but then continues to fail on another policy, the same one each time. 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

I am not sure why my reply didn't go through.  Here is what I suggested:

I assume you re-checked in the extension that you removed?  If not, you would need to.  On the failing receiving server, export policy assignments or note everywhere that the shared policies are applied.  Turn off apache (server service) on epo and any agent handlers to prevent any inadvertent policy changes, then temporarily disable policy sharing.  Make sure all the shared policies no longer exist on receiving server.  Then enable policy sharing again and see if it still fails.  If it does not fail, then you can re-assign them or import the policy assignments and turn back on apache.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community