Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fb3110
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Point Product Policies

Jump to solution

Does anybody know where in the SQL Database do all the Point Product Policies get stored? I read that when doing an ePO snapshot, all the policies for all the products get stored on the SQL DB.

If that's not the case, how do I go about backing up all my policies?

Thanks in advance.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: Point Product Policies

Jump to solution

Hello @fb3110 

Thanks for your response.

Afaik, That is the only way to export and import the policies for the point products from ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

The policies themselves are not in the snapshot itself, they are already stored in the database in multiple tables.  So when you run the snapshot task and then run backup of the database, you have them retained in your backups.  I also always recommend backing up the file system in the event a restore from snapshot fails for any reason.  That would enable you to do a manual restore where again, the policies, settings, tasks, etc are stored in your db backup with or without a valid snapshot in the snapshot table.  You can export tasks, policies, task and policy assignments, and other objects in epo as backups.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @fb3110 

Thanks for your post.

If you refer the KB66616, You will see all the steps for restoring and backups.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616

If you want to take a backup of the policies in that case you can export the policies and later if needed you can import it.

We do have a Database schema available for the ePO and you can refer the KB91051

EPOPolicySettingsMT has the assignments and

EPOPolicyObjectsMT > this is your policy catalog page.

Having said that please do not make any changes in any of the ePO Database table or ePO Installation folder.

Please make sure that you are taking regular backups of your ePO Server and ePO Database.

in ePO 5.10 you will see two database one is main and the other one events database.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

fb3110
Level 8
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution
Thank you for that information. I just want to clarify to make sure I'm understanding that correctly, the only way to backup policies from point products from the ePO is to export them and import them when needed?
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @fb3110 

Thanks for your response.

Afaik, That is the only way to export and import the policies for the point products from ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

The policies themselves are not in the snapshot itself, they are already stored in the database in multiple tables.  So when you run the snapshot task and then run backup of the database, you have them retained in your backups.  I also always recommend backing up the file system in the event a restore from snapshot fails for any reason.  That would enable you to do a manual restore where again, the policies, settings, tasks, etc are stored in your db backup with or without a valid snapshot in the snapshot table.  You can export tasks, policies, task and policy assignments, and other objects in epo as backups.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community