cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

On-demand-scan task question

Greetings!

We need to establish on-demand-scan which will run once a week but can we do this:

-Can we avoid running task on virtual machines?

-Is it possible to set/give a user permission to stop the task?

Thank you, bye

7 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: On-demand-scan task question

what vse version are you running? vse 8.7 gives the option to allow the user to defer scheduled scans

you can tag virtual machines and set the scan task to not apply to them if you are using epo 4 or 4.5 or if only 3.6.1 then you would need to maybe keep them in one container and not apply to this.

Message was edited by: tonyb99 on 21/12/09 11:12:50 GMT
Highlighted

vse enteprise 8.7i.

Soo this defer allows users to pause/cancel the running on-demand-scan task?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

yes that is one of the options when you create a vse 8.7 scan task

Highlighted

I have not marked the DEFER option but im still able to close the scan32.exe in task manager on user's computer, why is that? Why DEFER is even needed if I can manually close the scan32.exe?

Is it possible that on demand scan task would bring some window popped on the screen (some kind of a kindly note, that mcafee is doing this kind of scan). Why is that? Because if there will be a lot of users calling me on the phone with words: "My computer is running slow", I'm not able to determine where the problem is, aspecially if On-demand-scan is running silently.

Thanks,

with best regards

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

yes it allows to defer via the gui not just closing scan32.exe

Highlighted

Thank you for the answer.

Too bad, that viruscan console window does not automatically appears on the screen when the task starts to run.

Would you maybe know if there is any automatic tool that would skip running this task on virtual machines?

I have scheduled this task to run once a week at 02.00 am. What happens if the user has turned off his computer? Will the task automatically run, when the user turns on the computer or only at this hour which is scheduled?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

yes

no

depends if you tell it to

I think you need to go back and read the manual a bit, all this stuff is there

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community