Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

ODS Settings in ePO

Hi team,

Its really great learning Mcafee. Im doing great with the help of you guys. I have two questions here

Q1: I Had a interesting discussion with my friend. His querry is every Monday ODS should run at round 12 PM on Laptops and Desktops. But if the users didnt bring the Laptop or were on a vacation, when they come back and plug in the Laptop say for example Wednesday the ODS should run after an hour or so. It should not run at start-up as they will be logging into several applications. Is this Scenario possible or what is the best way to approach this kind of an issue.

Q2: Its rather an simple one. But im unbale to find it in ePO 4.6. The fallback for Laptops. If the user is away from office and they are working, Mcafee installed on the Laptop should take the DAT files from internet

Kindly suggest.

1 Reply
andy_judge
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ODS Settings in ePO

Hi,

FOr answer to Q1 you need to amend the ODS task to tick the option to 'rerun missed task' with a delay of 60 mins. This will then cause the task to be run when the machine is switched on with a delay as required.

For Q2 you need to amend your Agent policy & ensure that McAfee HTTP is enabled in the repository listing

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community