Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isagel
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Number of databases needed for new install of ePO 5.10

For a new install of ePO 5.10.0 (standalone), are two databases needed? Main DB then another one for mcafee_events? 

I think that was a change beyond 5.3 where the events were separated into another DB.

Last new install I did was 5.3 and we setup only one DB, unsure if that's changed for 5.10.

Thanks for any info.

5 Replies
Pravas
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Number of databases needed for new install of ePO 5.10

Hi @Isagel ,

McAfee ePO 5.10 also requires 2 Databases.

Main DB and the other for Events.

Thanks

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Hello @Isagel 

Thanks for your response.

I would like to inform you that in ePO 5.10 we introduced two databases one is main database and the other one is for Events.

epo_databae

epo_events_database 

After you upgrade to or install ePO 5.10, a new SQL database is created in addition to the existing ePO database with the format: ePO_<ePOServerName>_Events

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91176

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Additionally, you don't need to pre-create any databases, as the install will create them.  If your sql server supports partitioning, the events database will be partitioned into separate files for each month of the year.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Isagel
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Ok thank you. So if I create one database, install ePO 5.10, then during the installation the ePO_events db is created ?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

You don't create any databases.  The install will create all databases it uses.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community