Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Not updating IP and Servername change

Jump to solution

ePO 5.9.1

Windows Server 2012R2

ePO  was provided from DISA.  Seems to not be updating to the changed IP/Servername.  As part of the install, DISA provided a "rename script" which updates the database name and other elements.  However it does not seem to have updated key elements of ePO.  This is evidenced in 2 ways.  First, when I view the ePO Console: "Configuration" -> "Server Settings" -> "Server Information" -> "Server Information"

The "IP Address" "Name" and "DNS Name" are all wrong; they appear to be the previous "default" entries.

Secondly, the client agents (windows, linux, and mac) ServerSiteList.xml also embeds the incorrect default info.

I have attempted to resolve this with multiple "fixes" which did not work.

First, I edited "..\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\SiteInfo.ini" to reflect the correct IP/Name.  This did not resolve the issue.

Next I edited "..\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\server.ini" to reflect the correct IP/Name. This did not resolve the issue.

Next, I edited "..\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\SiteList.xml" and "lastSent_SiteList.xml" to reflect the correct IP/Name. This did not resolve the issue.

I deleted framepkg.exe and framework.z, rebooted, and allowed the server to "re-create" them.  This did not resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

This is the image of the ePO Console incorrect information.

epo server settings hbssepo.png

Thank you,

Kirk

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 10

Re: Not updating IP and Servername change

Jump to solution

Always back up the database prior to making any changes.  Open sql management studio and connect to the sql server with the credentials you are using for epo to connect to the database. Expand databases, then right-click on the epo database. tasks, then backup to back up the database.

Turn off epo services for the next step.

Once it is backed up, right-click on the epo database and choose new query.  Insert correct values in the = sections.

Update eposerverinfo

set dnsname='fqdn of epo server',

computername='NetBIOS name of epo server', 

lastknowntcpip='ipaddress'

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

First, go into the menu, registered servers and ensure the info there matches what is in core/config. 

Go then to menu, agent handlers, then click on agent handlers and ensure that the hostname there is correct and there is no incorrect published dns/ip (if applicable). 

Can you get to the epo console with the correct hostname for epo server?  If so, good.  Have you rebooted the server after making any of your changes?  Changes to siteinfo.ini, etc will not stay saved, as it is pulling that from the database.  You may have to update the eposerverinfo table with correct info if it is not updating properly. 

Once it is showing with correct servername, then go to server settings, server certificate and regenerate the certificate so that the cert is with correct hostname.  Once you do that, turn off all the epo services and restart only application server service and then regenerate the apache cert per kb90760.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you.

First, the Registered Servers does match.

Second, the agent handlers matches DNS name and IP.

Third, yes, I am able to connect to ePO server Console using the correct FQDN both internally on the server, and externally using a client browser on a different workstation on the network.

Yes, I have rebooted the server after every change.

The file "siteinfo.ini" does not automatically update on my server.  When I manually change the details to some nonsense information, it persists after the reboot.

I will move on to regenerating the certificate.

Thank you.

-Kirk

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Definitely did not update the username or IP.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

I assume you meant servername instead of username?  You can edit the table manually in sql - the eposerverinfo table is where the epo servername and IP address are stored.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you.

I'm not really an SQL guy.  Is there a reference I can refer to on the process?

Thanks,

Kirk

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Always back up the database prior to making any changes.  Open sql management studio and connect to the sql server with the credentials you are using for epo to connect to the database. Expand databases, then right-click on the epo database. tasks, then backup to back up the database.

Turn off epo services for the next step.

Once it is backed up, right-click on the epo database and choose new query.  Insert correct values in the = sections.

Update eposerverinfo

set dnsname='fqdn of epo server',

computername='NetBIOS name of epo server', 

lastknowntcpip='ipaddress'

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you.  This seems to have addressed this current problem.  Now I get to move on to the next problem.  🙂

Thank you for your help.

-Kirk

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Glad that worked!

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

The following workarround worked very fine for me: 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90760

it's consists of regenerating  the certificates. 

Rundll32.exe ahsetup.dll RunDllGenCerts <ePO_server_name> <console_HTTPS_port> <admin_username> <password> <"installdir\Apache2\conf\ssl.crt">

after this procedure, everything returned to normal

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community