cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markgarza
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Not seeing any installs available in Software Manager, but they are present in the Master Repository

In my Software Manager (ePO 5.9.1) under Endpoint Security 10.6, I don't see any of the installs that we have in the current/evaluation/previous branch anymore, just a standalone install and a bundle for (assumingly) the December update to 10.6.1 (platform version 10.6.1.1815). The rest is just documentation and release notes. Pressing the refresh button doesn't make anything show up either.

It's not a show stopper since I can still see and manage things in the Master Repository but I'm wondering why this is happening as I've been able to see these install packages before and update, download or check them into a different branch via the Software Manager.

Software ManagerSoftware ManagerMaster RepositoryMaster Repository

3 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Not seeing any installs available in Software Manager, but they are present in the Master Reposi

That is all I see in mine too.  If you click on the bundle name under component, you will see all the individual installers there.  It is up to each point product team to decide what shows in software manager or not, so if you feel it should show something else, you can always open ticket with the ENS team.  All the other versions are also showing the same type thing, so they may have changed the way they are posting in software manager vs the download page.  What shows in software manager sometimes doesn't contain all that is available on the download pages.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

markgarza
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Re: Not seeing any installs available in Software Manager, but they are present in the Master Reposi

Thanks for the quick response, that is interesting. I guess they did change something because I remember being presented with similar options such as those that I see present in Drive Encryption in Software Manager where I can update/check in/etc:

Drive EncryptionDrive Encryption

I do like this layout more because the update option gives me an option to move that install in the current branch to the previous branch automatically which was nice.

I'm curious to see if others corroborate that this used to be a thing and now no longer is for ENS in Software Manager.

LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Hi markgarza,

Not sure what is the reason behind that. You can raise a case with ENS team to known the exact reason.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community