Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DK87
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Not able to apply ePO Update 11

I am having trouble attempting to apply ePO Update 11 to our stage ePO console. each time i start the update I get an error message that says "You do not have permission to access ePO and Events database' The minimum required permission is database owner" I have confirmed with my DBA that the service account does have the correct db_owner permissions
4 Replies

Re: Not able to apply ePO Update 11

If you're not able to download PCL on the internet due to proxy, the PCL bundled with the Updater Tool is selected automatically.

official site

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

If you can download the Product compatibility list as suggested could you please review the updater log?

The updater tool creates a log with the name ePOUpdater.DATE.log under: 

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\ePOUpdaterLogs

do you see on the log what is the issue with permissions? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

The Update fails, if the ePO DB has db_owner, but missing the owner rights.. go through the image as attached... since I have seen recently one issue with this... and also, the user which you trying.. if it is failing.

Other way....

Better to create one SQL user.. with SYSADMin rights and run the update with this credentials, Once it is done, then you can delete this user....

Other than this, check one of MY article, with out come value confirms is problem with this....

KB94641: CU Update fails with Error: The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication

Beyond this, if the issue persist, as alejandro said, get the epoupdater log, so we can check more insight on the failure.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

There are a couple of other things to check.

1.  The default database of the account you are using must be set to master and not the epo db.

2.  Go to the epo database, properties, files, then see what account is set as dbo there.  If it is different, try to set the right account there.

If it fails, then expand the database and go to security, users.  If that account is listed there, remove it from there (it will not delete it out of the main sql security, logins).  Do the same for the events database.  Once those are gone, then go back to files and set that account as dbo on both databases.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community