cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No "Last Available" information in EPO 4.6 "McAfee Labs Threat Advisory"

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just installed a new fresh EPO 4.6 server for testing. The current base OS is MS Server 2008 with all service packes installed. I also installed the SQL server 2005 express that comes with the EPO 4.6. I installed the current EPO 4.6 build 1029 version and the current agent 4.6 for Windows and VSE 8.8 module including the extensions. The internet connection is configured over a proxy server. The repository update works without problems. The internet connection also works without problems and the site http://myavert.avertlabs.com:8801/ is reachable. But the "Last Available" information in EPO 4.6 "McAfee Labs Threat Advisory" shows "No Information available". The DAT version in "My Repository" shows the current version 6452.0000 for today. I configured the "McAfee Labs Security Threats" to update all 5 minutes. And in "McAfee Labs Threat Advisory" I read the information "The latest McAfee Labs information was not successfully retrieved" 3 minutes ago. I also restarted the server but no success.

I just see this information:

Labs.jpg

I have seen some "McAfee Labs Security Threats" directly after the installation and proxy configuration setting. Then I marked the threats as "read". Then the discribed problem apperared.

The EpoApSvr.log shows the following:

EPO.JPG

Whats the problem regarding the "Latest Available" tab?

Thanks and best regards from Germany,

Janni

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Re: No "Last Available" information in EPO 4.6 "McAfee Labs Threat Advisory"

Jump to solution

Weird    One of those magic self-correcting problems

Regards -

Joe

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi...

My first guess would be a proxy problem. If you go to http://myavert.avertlabs.com:8801/reportservice.asmx?wsdl from a browser on the ePO server, what results do you get?

Thanks -

Joe

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

I get the following screen:

Labs1.jpg

As I wrote above, the link http://myavert.avertlabs.com:8801/ was (and is) reachable from the EPO server IE.

But I just checked the advisory. And it's crazy that the "Last Available" information is visible now and the current status is "green":

Labs3.jpg

Thanks for help and best regards

Janni

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Weird    One of those magic self-correcting problems

Regards -

Joe

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem here, except mine hasn't magically self-corrected.  When I click on the link above, I get a "could not connect" page. 

This worked for me prior to my upgrade from 4.0 to 4.6, so not sure what's changed here.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

we have the same problem again. After a broken internet connection line for some hours the “McAfee Labs Thread Advisory” shows “No Information Available”. The internet line is restored but the thread advisory shows no information available. I tested the connection to http://myavert.avertlabs.com:8801/reportservice.asmx?wsdl with IE on the EPO server without any problems. The proxy settings in IE and EPO are the same and unchanged. I also restarted the server without success regarding this problem. The update cycle of the “McAfee Labs Thread Advisory” is set to 15 minutes. The message line shows the following:

The latest McAfee Labs information was not successfully retrieved.

McAfee Labs Security Threats: 0 unread

Last check: 2/9/12 11:50:57 AM CET   

The repository update works without problems.

The current EpoApSvr.log shows the following:

EPO.jpg

Any ideas what can I do next?

Best regards from Germany

Janni

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

the service is running now after 3 hours. I did nothing - crazy. So I rcommand regarding this problem to wait 24 hours. In most cases this problem will be solved "automatically".

Best regards

Janni

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community