cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dell laptops XPS13 9310 2 in 1 with 11th Gen Intel CPU do not update EPO with events

I have logged this with Mcafee .. after a painfull 6 weeks of endless MER collections, it is still outstanding  

ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 (Build 2428)
Update Installed: Update 9 (2.0.0.949)

We have 50 New Dell laptops XPS13 9310 2 in 1 with 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz and none of them report back successful updates to the EPO server, though they DO update fine and report back versions of the software etc properly. 

The new laptops are running the same Win10 1909 Ent image as 500 older laptops 

On a test system we have upgraded the mcafee client to the latest, verified extensions etc in EPO are updated 

mcafeeclient.JPG

the new laptops all show 

mcafeeclient2.JPG

the older laptops ( various XPS 13 models ) all show

mcafeeclient3.JPG

they have verified certificates on the client are up to date and that we have the latest msgbuscert updater checked into the ePO server.

any help appreciated

20 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 21

Re: New Dell laptops XPS13 9310 2 in 1 with 11th Gen Intel CPU do not update EPO with events

Hello @JadedbyMcafee 

Thanks for the post.

Anything in the logs?

As per screenshot update is failed ,worth checking mcscript.log for AMCORE/dat

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 21

Re: New Dell laptops XPS13 9310 2 in 1 with 11th Gen Intel CPU do not update EPO with events

Go through this first to determine where the error is and what it is specifically.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator-ePO/SOLVED-HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DE...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Sorry got called away 

here are some log files 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 21

Please do not post files on public forum that contain sensitive company info such as ip's and server names.  

The log says success, but in reality it isn't updating - "Failed to get the update info sync from update info"

That indicates the agent possibly isn't communicating properly with ENS.  Check for any injection, make sure to run the latest msgbuscertupdater package, latest root certificates installed (KB91697).

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

as per the OP 

certs were checked and we have verified the latest msgbuscertupdater package is installed

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 21

Sorry, I missed that - can you send me your SR number in private message please?

Was my reply helpful?

done

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 21

I haven't looked yet at case notes, going through the mer.  But out of curiosity, have you tested any with the ENS April update?  You are on the Feb version.

Was my reply helpful?

I'm doing as requested by Mcafee for the last 2 months

we updated to the latest at the start of this and once proved that this did not help, nobody seems to have a clue. 

Is this a strategy .. delay with constant MER requests until another version comes out, then rinse and repeat ?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community