cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Agent Handler in DMZ for laptops

Team, We do have a bunch of laptops which don't have connectivity to ePO when they are connected to Public network. They got Agent and other components installed already and were reporting to ePO when connected to office network. As they are working from home nowadays, Planning to setup an Agent handler in DMZ for providing service to these endpoints. Got some queries around that where i would require some help: 

1. If i get an agent handler installed, how the endpoints will get that info and start communicating to that AH? (For now i'm not able to do a agent wakeup from ePO)

2. Apart from reinstallation, what other options we have for educating the endpoints that there is a new AH alive now? 

3. Is there a option making these endpoints communicate only to the new AH and not to the ePO ever in future? 

Please suggest and any help here is appreciated. 

Thanks in Advance, 

Sabarikumar KB

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Agent Handler in DMZ for laptops

Hello @Sabarikumar 

Thanks for your post.

1. If i get an agent handler installed, how the endpoints will get that info and start communicating to that AH? (For now i'm not able to do a agent wakeup from ePO)
Answer: Assignment and Edit Priority

2. Apart from reinstallation, what other options we have for educating the endpoints that there is a new AH alive now?
Answer: Assignment

3. Is there a option making these endpoints communicate only to the new AH and not to the ePO ever in future?
Answer:  Assignment

You need to open Agent Handler Page and make the changes as per the requirements.

Please refer Screenshot for your reference:

AHC.PNG

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Assignment rules won't help if the agent handler was installed after agent was installed since the agents can't connect to epo to get new sitelist.  Only options are these:

Create a batch file for users to run that would run maconfig to point systems to new sitelist or send new agent to clients via smartinstall url.  Are any of these laptops connecting via vpn that they could possibly connect to epo to get updated sitelist?

Maconfig command is in ma install guide - https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/agent-5.7.0-product-guide/page/GUID-B66FC65A-B4CE-4077-94CB-64F7826E2...

I know that says it is for unmanaged mode, but it is also for managed systems when you need to change the sitelist.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thanks for your reply. Some of them could connect to ePO with VPN but not all. Could this script be ran via Active directory by any chance?
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Yes, as a logon script.  You can also use the same install guide to create an msi package to reinstall the agent via active directory.  I would suggest, if you go that route, to not use forceinstall, but install a higher version of agent.  Forceinstall will create duplicates in epo console and could affect user logins if they are using encryption.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community