cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need url where we check virus details

Hi , Could someone tell me the URL where i get the details of virus. thanks shashi
10 Replies
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: Need url where we check virus details

Hi @User68307335 

Thank you for your post. Please use the below link to searching for any specific detection you get in your environment based on their name.

McAfee Threat Centerhttps://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/threat-center.html

*Please note that not all malware look-ups can be fruitful here. Sometimes, we would require the sample or the hash (if we already have the sample) to investigate if we have detection for them or not and provide you more details.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Hi ,

went through that URL but it not providing information for below Virus details which is detected by McAfee EPO

Hash Value = a8c0d23a0dcad0960895dad316775987

File Path  = d:\system\lib64\libandroid_runtime.so

Threat Name = GenericRXIO-AU!A8C0D23A0DCA

Thanks

shashi

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

Hi @User68307335 

Thank you for your quick response. May I know which product is giving you this detection? I am afraid I can not get any details about this hash(md5) from our database. It is neither available in VirusTotal as well.

I would request you to create a support ticket with us and submit the sample referencing the same ticket for us to investigate further.

*Note: Please use .zip format for uploading the file after the referring to the above KBA for 'Submission requirements'.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

McAfee EPO 5.0

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 11

Hi @User68307335 

Thank you for your response. ePO is merely the reporting and managing console. It does not have the capability to detect a malware per se. I would recommend looking into which product detected this malware. It could be McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise, McAfee Endpoint Security or similar products).

Can you please provide more details regarding this?

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Since threat is already handled by EPO 5.0. i only need information about this threat for knowledge purpose like when this virus was created ,  what will be impact in case it will not handle , what is source of propagation in network etc. 

Untitled.png

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 11

ePO 5.0....! Not sure if I really can recall how it looked like! This image shows the product as VIRUSSCAN. hence assuming it is Virus scan Enterprise, I would recommend creating a ticket with us by submitting a sample to know more information about this threat! Hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

So we don't have any URL where i can check about virus details . since threat is already handle and risk is mitigated i am only interested in to know more details about this virus only.

i don't want to open case 

thanks

shashi

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 11

Hi @User68307335 (Sashi),

I am afraid, for this specific detection we would need the sample submitted to give you more details on the detection and Service request would be the only way to do so. Sorry that I could not be of more help here.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community