cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to forward and configure DNS query logs in EPO .

Can we  send end point DNS query logs collected and send to McAfee SIEM for traffic flow view. Need to configure DNS query logs on ePO. 

3 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need to forward and configure DNS query logs in EPO .

Please be more specific.  ePO only uses dns for its lookups, so I am not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish.  There are no events for dns that are sent to the database for any siem to pick up.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi, can we forward logs that has dns information from EPO to McAfee SIEM, rather than sending all logs to McAFee SIEM from EPO 5.9

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

The Siem can be configured to query for what you choose, from my understanding.  You would have to get with the siem team for how to configure it for what you want.  But I am still unclear on what type of events containing dns you are referring to.  You need to clarify exactly what you are looking to accomplish and exactly what type of dns info you mean.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community