cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITdoc
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Need to disable a client task that is coming from my organization on a single machine

Jump to solution

Hi Team, 

Good day!

We are performing ENS testing on one of the Linux server, there was a custom on demand scan task assigned in organisation level.

I have created a new custom ODS and assigned to the specific machine we test.

However task that's coming from my organization is also getting invoked.

Is it possible to disable the task that's coming from my organization only on the machine we test?

Thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: Need to disable a client task that is coming from my organization on a single machine

Jump to solution

Hi ITdoc

Yes you can,

Select the desired machine and then click Action>Agent>Edit Task on a Single System

1.png

Then when the Client task assignment page opens, all client task assigned to this machine will be shown, if you prefer, there is a drop down menu with all Client task Types, select ENS ODS or directly search the name of your task from the list.

On the right side of the screen click on "Edit Assignment" for the ODS you need to disable

2.png

(the above screenshot is for an update task but it applies also to ODS )

Then under "inheritance" click "break Inheritance and assign the client task schedule and settings below this point"

Now the option "Schedule statius" become enable and you can select "disable"

3.png

Safe the task and wait for the machine to communicate back to ePO or send a wake up call to pick up the new changes

Regards
Alejandro

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rackroyd
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need to disable a client task that is coming from my organization on a single machine

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes you can modify a task on a single machine (policies too).

Select the machine in the system tree.
Then at the bottom of the page go to 'actions - agent - edit task on single system'

From there you can modify a task for just that machine as you need.
You'll need to remember to reset the task inheritance back once you are done with the test.

Hth

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi ITdoc

Yes you can,

Select the desired machine and then click Action>Agent>Edit Task on a Single System

1.png

Then when the Client task assignment page opens, all client task assigned to this machine will be shown, if you prefer, there is a drop down menu with all Client task Types, select ENS ODS or directly search the name of your task from the list.

On the right side of the screen click on "Edit Assignment" for the ODS you need to disable

2.png

(the above screenshot is for an update task but it applies also to ODS )

Then under "inheritance" click "break Inheritance and assign the client task schedule and settings below this point"

Now the option "Schedule statius" become enable and you can select "disable"

3.png

Safe the task and wait for the machine to communicate back to ePO or send a wake up call to pick up the new changes

Regards
Alejandro

View solution in original post

ITdoc
Level 8
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution
Alejandro,
Good day!
If I disable the task that has been configured in organisation level, my other machines wouldn't be getting the scan running.

However I had already created a task only for this machine

I just want to disable the task only on the one machine which has been coming from organisation level.
ludaneva
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi ITdoc,

The process provided by Alejandro will disable the task for that selected / specific client system only, it will not affect any other system for which the same configured task will remain enabled.

Thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community