cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from McAfee ePO 4.5 to 4.6 *HELP*

Hello,

We are going through the process of retiring our old ePO 4.5 server (Windows 2003 and SQL 2005 database) to a new virtual machine running Windows 2008 R2 with a new database server.

I would like the cleanest install possible,  I have not found any documentation to do so.   What would you recommend?  We have lots of stale and old information I am sure that can go,  but would like to keep all of the existing configuration settings and active workstations and structure.

Suggestions or links?

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

1 Reply
hemang
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moving from McAfee ePO 4.5 to 4.6 *HELP*

Same of the use ful KB.

Information on upgrading from previous ePO server versions to ePO 4.6 :- KB70981

ePO 4.5 and 4.6 server backup and disaster recovery procedure :- KB66616

Supported user name and password formats for ePO 4.5 and 4.6 :- KB66286

ERROR: Failed to get server key information (issue: ePO 4.5 Server renamed) :- KB66620

How to migrate ePO 4.5 or ePO 4.6 from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system (or to a different installation path) :- KB71078

Installation Guide :- http://kb.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22974/en_US/e...

Product Guide :- http://kb.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/23000/PD23185/en_US/M...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community