Did you mean: 
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 54

Re: Migrate systems from 5.9.1 to 5.10

Jump to solution

I think that mkazi is referring to " what to do after the installation of the agent locally",

i think he has reinstall the agent using a package from the new ePO and use that on the machine locally, if thats the case there is no need to do manual input on the agent to collect and send props as the agent will automatically communicate with the ePO server within the first hour of been installed, thats an automated process so there is no need to send a wake up to the machine either as that will fail on NATed networks as explained by my colleague

mkazi
Level 11
Message 42 of 54

Jump to solution

Looks like the server is still connecting to the external listener and gets the update. Just Agent wake up call doesn't work as u mentioned earlier. Thanks.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 43 of 54

Jump to solution

Wakeup won't work in dmz with nat involved as discussed before.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 44 of 54

Jump to solution

Looks like on one of the DMZ server , after i transfer i have re installed the agent but still not showing into the new EPO , It just keeps failing when i try to "Collect and Send Props" ..

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 45 of 54

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket with McAfee so they can assist.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 46 of 54

Jump to solution

Opened a ticket with them, waiting for the reply. I have a quick question - What actually happens to a device when it's not talking to the EPO, What happens to the existing policies / Tasks ?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 47 of 54

Jump to solution

They will use policies they have from last communication and enforce those - same with tasks.

Was my reply helpful?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 48 of 54

Jump to solution

If a manual "collect and send props" is not working then most likely is failing to communicate to the new ePO server, at that point it will be good to see the %programdata%\McAfee\Agent\logs\masvc_computername.log  and see if is failing to communicate to the new EPO/handler

A key word to investigate an Agent to Server communication on that log is: "Agent started performing ASCI", what happens after that is the actual communication using the FQDN, netbios or IP from the ePO/ agent handler, the agent will attempt all 3 on that order if it fails to communicate with one of them

mkazi
Level 11
Message 49 of 54

Jump to solution

I have checked the logs, looks like it could not resolve any of the agent handler. Also i have opened the ticket with McAfee support, it's been 2 days no reply yet. 

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 50 of 54

Jump to solution

could you send me that SR number privately please.

If there is no resolution then Mcafee agent wont be able to reach the Agent handler and as such you will have to involve your network team to address that resolution problem

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community