Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkazi
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 43

Re: Migrate systems from 5.9.1 to 5.10

Jump to solution

Is there any logs or something we can take a look regarding the device transfer.  Looks like i have transferred one device and couldn't find it on old nor on the new EPO. 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 32 of 43

Jump to solution

The agent log on the client is best log to look at (masvc).  That will show who the client is trying to talk to and what failures it is getting.  It might be easiest to just install the agent from the new server on it to ensure it got right sitelist and communication keys.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 33 of 43

Jump to solution

the error is Could not resolve host: 

-This device is in DMZ and should talk to the external listener but looks like it's trying to talk to the internal one. How can i force itself to talk to the external one ?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 34 of 43

Jump to solution

Ok, here is the scenario.  When you register an epo server to transfer to, you have the choice to automatically obtain sitelist or to upload one from the other server.  When the sitelist is automatically obtained from the other epo server, it only contains the epo server and no agent handlers.  When you upload a sitelist manually, it does contain the other agent handlers for that new epo server.  So, your dmz client only knows about the epo server.  To remediate that, you need to reinstall the agent from the new epo server. 

Either that, or you can follow the steps below to reprovision it to a new sitelist.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/agent-5.7.0-product-guide/page/GUID-B66FC65A-B4CE-4077-94CB-64F7826E2...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 35 of 43

Jump to solution

After i re install the agent manually, when i use "Collect and Send Props" from the client it works fine but when i run the Agent wake up call it fails.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 36 of 43

Jump to solution

It probably will fail.  Wakeups don't work if client is in dmz or vpn, as usually that is a natted device.  The only way wakeups would work is if you have a dxl broker and dxl on the clients are successfully communicating with the dxl broker.

Was my reply helpful?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 37 of 43

Jump to solution

We do have an external listener. The other DMZ device is working fine after re installing the agent. This is the second device.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 38 of 43

Jump to solution

It all depends on which server is sending the wakeup, where the clients are in relation to the servers (are they on vpn or natted), etc.  Every scenario might be different.  For example, if you have an epo on internal network, agent handler in dmz and client in dmz, when sending wakeup call, be sure to send it via the agent handler in dmz on same network instead of through epo.  If wakeups don't work, then neither will run client task now, as that relies on a wakeup call.

Was my reply helpful?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 39 of 43

Jump to solution

From the client device is that possible to force it to talk to the agent handler ?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 40 of 43

Jump to solution

You have to specify rules in the agent handler assignment rules.  Go to menu, agent handler, you will see the rules there.  The default rule is to use all agent handlers.  Right now docs.mcafee.com is having some issues, but you need to go there to the product guide for how some of the epo functions work, it might help explain some things.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community