Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkazi
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 52

Re: Migrate systems from 5.9.1 to 5.10

Jump to solution

After the transfer will the device requires reboot ? 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 52

Jump to solution

no they will not

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 13 of 52

Jump to solution

-When i want to register 5.10 EPO server into 5.9 on the dropdown i don't have any option to choose 5.10 as the EPO version.

-Also from the EPO can i see the database name ?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 52

Jump to solution

5.10 won't be an option because 5.10 wasn't out at that time.  Just choose highest version available.  No, you can't see other db name from epo for other server.  You can find that out from other server by going to core/config.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 15 of 52

Jump to solution

I'm a little bit confused about couple options when i tried to add 5.10 as a registered server into 5.9.1.

- Policy sharing : All the policies have been migrated to 5.10 from 5.9.1 do i still need to Enable this ?

- Client task sharing : What happens if i keep Disable it ?

- Transfer systems : By default it's Disabled, Should i keep it like that ?

Also when i test the connection , i got "Database connection successful. Warning Versions mismatch." Is it gonna cause any issue ?

I have attached a screenshot for the reference..EPO_registered.PNG

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 52

Jump to solution

Policy and task sharing is not needed if you are exporting/importing policies and tasks.  Sharing is not the same thing, which you probably don't want.  Version mismatch you can ignore.  Transfer systems you need enabled if you want to move systems to that server.

Was my reply helpful?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 17 of 52

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, What is the sitelist thing ? If i choose "Automatic Sitelist import" What it's gonna do ? 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 52

Jump to solution

It imports a sitelist from the other epo server automatically that contains typically only the epo server.  if you want systems to get full sitelist or the import fails for any reason, you can grab the sitelist.xml file from other server in the install dir in root of db folder and import it manually.  The sitelist is needed for the clients to know where to transfer to.  If transferring systems, you also need to export the communication keys from old server and import into new so the new server will be able to negotiate the communication.

Was my reply helpful?

mkazi
Level 11
Message 19 of 52

Jump to solution

So, if i enable Transfer systems and choose Automatic sitelist import , do i need to do anything else to import the agent-server key to do the transfer ?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 52

Jump to solution

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283 describes that process and the steps needed for transferring systems.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community