Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_uk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Migrate EPO 4.0 > 4.5 new server name and IP

Hi All,

I am currently looking at upgrading our current version of McAfee EPO (4.0 Patch 5) over to a newer version 4.5 Patch 4.

Currently the EPO server is a physical machine, but on moving over to 4.5 it will be a virtualised on new hardware with a different hostname and IP address.

I have read many discussions regarding this, but cannot see anything that relates to my issue. The issue I have is that within the system tree in ePO we use the sorting criteria for the IP addresses, and due to the system tree being quite big, I really didn’t want to lose this information, so was hoping it could be exported in some way?

I can take an offline copy of the existing database if required and upgrade to 4.5 to enable me to use the export function (which I am told is only part of 4.5 onwards?), however I cannot see how I can also keep the IP filter details on each of the groups.

I am also not sure if I can carry across the systems to a new server that has a different IP/Hostname and keep the data I want, but any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chris.

4 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 2 of 5

Re: Migrate EPO 4.0 > 4.5 new server name and IP

Hi chris_uk perhaps you could try and keep all the info on the new ePO server if you follow the steps described at the disaster recovery procedure:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616

chris_uk
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the response.

Do you know if there is a way in 4.5 to export the tree structure and IP details (held within the sorting criteria) to import into 4.5 held on a new system?, as this would solve the problem I am having.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

I don't believe there is, no, sorry - you can export the tree structure, but not the IP sorting rules.

Regards -

Joe

rmespena
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Try to replica your systemfirst in a VM before applying it on the production.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community