Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Mcafee epo 5.9.1 backup files location

Jump to solution

Greetings gentlemen,

we need help, as our boss begin to make plan for the upcoming task about upgrading our mcafee epo 5.9.1 to 5.10,

we installed clustering type mcafee epo, and i have compared between "standart" on prem epo and clustering type epo, 

i'm confused about the "important files" location for the clustering type, not exactly the same as the standart ones,

wheres the exact location for the folder and files that must be backup if we want to do manual backup in cluster type mcafee ?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Re: Mcafee epo 5.9.1 backup files location

Jump to solution

In the install directory in the db folder, there is a cluster.cfg file.  That should show which node is the primary.  It will have a section for secondary node that will identify which one is secondary

[SecondaryNodes]

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwee

Thanks for your response.

Please refer the below link:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-installation-guide/page/GUID-2A206891-AA7...

There are videos available on YouTube McAfee Channel but those are normal videos.

Other thing to note please make sure that you have a good backup available before the upgrade.

You can refer KB51569

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51569

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwee 

Thanks for your post.

i would like to request you to please refer below KB Article

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75497

For an Example:

The files should be under  S:\ePolicy Orchestrator\bin\Server\Extension

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

thanks for your reply VIVS,

aah ,it turns out that there lies the difference, the "bin" folder,

anyway this kb KB75497, is iit just for backup restore? any kb for upgrade epo 5.9.1 to 5.10 in cluster environment ?

thanks

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwee 

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-installation-guide/page/GUID-2A206891-AA7...

Please make sure that you have the backup available before proceeding for an upgrade.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Vivs, thanks for your quick reply,

about Failover Cluster Manager on the active node, we have slight problem, is there any way maybe from epo for "how to check which one is the primary node?, right now we have (as far as i know) 2 node and 2 vms (bare with me i'm not good with vm's yet) and the guy who install this already resign and theres no doc about the installation , (ip's 64.64 and 64.65 supposedly to be the nodes (64.65 as the fail over) and 64.4, 64.5 are the vms?  the HA? i dont have any idea but they always sync their folder and files 4 all of them, but if i pinged the address for epo console it will directed to ip 64.5 not go to 64.64 or 64.65, "
is there any way to check which one the primary node?

thanks

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

In the install directory in the db folder, there is a cluster.cfg file.  That should show which node is the primary.  It will have a section for secondary node that will identify which one is secondary

[SecondaryNodes]

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi cdinet,

thanks for your knowledge really help me, bust im just curious my primary node this one vdc01675m (ip 64.64) and secondary node vdc01676m (ip 64.65), 
is there any kb detailed only for mcafee epo 5.9.1 cluster installation guide? with video or screen captured may help a lot, i have search trhough kb center but im still confused,

thanks

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwee

There are videos available on YouTube McAfee Channel but those are normal videos.

Other thing to note please make sure that you have a good backup available before the upgrade.

You can refer KB51569

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51569

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community