cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee MOVE AV appliance with more than 2GB (MOVE-AV-AL_SVM_OVF_4.7.0.131)

Jump to solution

Hello.

I'd like to give the Mcafee MOVE AV appliance more than 2GB (MOVE-AV-AL_SVM_OVF_4.7.0.131) i a vCenter enviroment but it has to apply for new AVs and old. I suspect the SVM must changed for this to apply.

Often the memory usage for several AVs is quite high and 2GB configured is a bit low I think. How can I increase ram in a persistant matter?

Best Regards

Peter

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sbenedix
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mcafee MOVE AV appliance with more than 2GB (MOVE-AV-AL_SVM_OVF_4.7.0.131)

Jump to solution

Unless there is some scripting that can be done from the Hypervisor side of things, I'm only aware of manually adjusting of those characteristics for each individual deployed appliance.

View solution in original post

sbenedix
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Most certainly! That is a good call, I would recommend raising this like so: KB60021 - How to submit a new Product Idea (Product Enhancement Request) -> kc.mcafee.com, so it can be included by the product management team for consideration in a future release.

4 Replies
sbenedix
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Unless there is some scripting that can be done from the Hypervisor side of things, I'm only aware of manually adjusting of those characteristics for each individual deployed appliance.

Jump to solution

Ok, could a future release perhaps allow for parameters to be entered into ePO in the say "SVM Repository" so that RAM size could assigned there?

Best Regards

Peter

sbenedix
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Most certainly! That is a good call, I would recommend raising this like so: KB60021 - How to submit a new Product Idea (Product Enhancement Request) -> kc.mcafee.com, so it can be included by the product management team for consideration in a future release.

Jump to solution

I can see the idea is already up for consideration under :"Customized MOVE Agentless OVF with expanded vCPU/RAM"

Best Regards

Peter

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community