cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee ePO server service failed to start

Hi everyone

I have upgraded McAfee ePO from version 4.6.5 to version 4.6.6

after the upgrade McAfee ePO 4.6.6 server service failed to start with error code 1.

i have followed McAfee article  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78566 

but the issue remains the same.  my client computers are not communicating with the ePO server & i can login to the epo server

Can i upgrade from ePO4.6.6 to 4.6.7 with the current situation or should i downgrade

please do guide me how to resolve the issue.

Message was edited by: risingflight on 6/10/14 1:12:40 AM CDT
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee ePO server service failed to start

Have a look at the properties for the Server Service and see what it lists. I'm having major problems at the moment trying to upgrade from 4.5.4 to 4.6.7 or 4.6.8 and my issues are down to problems with the 8.3 naming convention.

My upgrade fails, rolls back and then fails to start the Application Server Service, the reason for this is that my service has a path of D:\Program~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\Server\bin\tomcat5.exe //RS//MCAFEETOMCATSRV200. When I open a command prompt and switch to the D:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ folder and run dir /x I have no short file name for the ePolicy Orchestrator folder. As soon as I create the short file name with fsutil the service starts fine.

So it might just be worth checking that............................................

Stef

Highlighted

Re: McAfee ePO server service failed to start

i check ed in the registries HKLM\SYSTEM\currentcontrolset\services\MCAFEEAPACHESRV

DependonServices i can see afd, Tcpip,MCAFEETOMCATSRV250, MSSQL$EPOSERVER

i have deleted all these services and added MCAFEEAPACHESRV and rebooted the server

and its fine.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community