cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee ePO connot communicate to machines connected via Direct Access

Hi Team,

There are few machines connected via Microsoft Direct Access. When I try to push agent from ePO it is not deploying, but the machine is active. Can you please advise how to push Agents for machines connected via DA?

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee ePO connot communicate to machines connected via Direct Access

@Balaji6894 Dear Balaji,

McAfee Agent 4.8 works fine with the MDA and if you are using any other version it would not work and I wish if you could you may use McAfee Agent 5.0.3 or later.

I hope this helps.

Venu
Highlighted

Hi Vnaidu,

Yes, we are trying to push Agent version 5.5.1.342, but it tells the destination is unreachable.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Can you get to \\hostname\admin$ of the client from epo to those systems on direct access? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

No, I am not able to get \\hostname\admin$ from EPO server to machine connected to microsoft DA.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Then you won't be able to push an agent.  Most of the time that is due to natted addresses in that type environment.  Does the client have an existing agent and is talking to epo?  Can the client reach epo to pull packages?  If so, you might be able to generate a deployment url and send that to the user to install the agent themselves, though they would need admin rights to do so.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, client already has existing agent, but when we try to push latest ENS components (i.e. Web control/Threat prevention/firewall) from EPO 5.10 its not succeeding and wake-up agent is also not working for them. Challenges mainly with ENS component as agent deployment can be achieved via various medium like deployment URL/Microsoft SCCM or manually download and install.

As per your suggestion tried to pull the update from client machine and it worked fine.

Also please advise , if we need to allow SMB ports between EPO to MS DA server to access path \\Client machine\admin$ . if this solve this issue.  Thanks

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Admin$ is only used for deploy agent functions.  It is not used for wakeups or run client task now.  I would suggest, since agent is communicating, to set up a scheduled client task instead of using other types that rely on wakeups.  Wakeups fail to vpn clients as designed, because ip's are typically natted.  The would work, however, if you were running dlx brokers that the clients had access to.  

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community