cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee ePO Version 5.10 - which dat to use for clients/servers  - V2 or V3/.exe or DAT Package

Hello, Ive installed McAfee EPO version 5.10 and need to know which updates to copy to the master repository

Sever - Server 2019
Windows 10 clients.

Should i use version 2 or 3 and then which DAT file  - the .exe or the DAT package?

Thanks!

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: McAfee ePO Version 5.10 - which dat to use for clients/servers  - V2 or V3/.exe or DAT Package

Hello @DaveSmith999

Thanks for your post.

If you using VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) then need to check-in DAT file in Master Repository and for Endpoint Security (ENS) it will be AMCORE.

V2 is for VSE and V3 is for ENS.

helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Re: McAfee ePO Version 5.10 - which dat to use for clients/servers  - V2 or V3/.exe or DAT Package

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.49.02.pngVivs, many thanks for the reply.

How do I know if my EPO running VSE or ENS? i installed the latest install from the Mcafee site from the website if this helps. 

Please see attached more further detail - thanks once more.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Hello @DaveSmith999 

Thanks for your response.

The above screenshot is for your ePO server version.

Please go to the System Tree-Actions-Choose Columns and search for Ens Versions including Threat prevention and common/platform and same same for VSE version and add them in System Tree.

Once the columns will get added you will be able to see product version with the product installed on the machine.

You can also click on any one of the system and select the product tab to see whether you are using ENS Or VSE.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 11.22.41.png

Hello, i added a few columns under the system tree but the ones you mentioned were not there, so I added product version and a few others but when I search for 'ens' in the attached, nothing appears. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Hello @DaveSmith999 

Please check below screenshots

Actions:

Actions.PNG

Choose Columns:
Choose Columns.PNG

Product Version:

productversion.PNG

In Preset Select The Group and All Subgroups.

This properties will work only when the product is available on the client machine and properties has been reported to the ePO.

Once you will add the columns it will fetch the information from database.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Many thanks once again but my 'available columns' looks different to your one - 

Please see attached.

Can you please assist further?Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 06.50.07.png

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Hello @DaveSmith999 

Please make sure that Point product like ENS or VSE extensions are checked in ePO .

The columns looks ok to me once the extension is checked in please search Endpoint in Search option and see whether you are getting any option.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Thanks once more

Sorry for my ignorance on this but under extensions, I cannot see ENS or VSE?

Please find attached.Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 16.00.13.png

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Hello @DaveSmith999 

Thanks for your post.

Yes , There is no extension checked in your ePO.

please go to the Software Catalog and check in The Endpoint Security Bundle.

This will help you to get the package checked in your ePO Master Repository and Extensions in Extensions (The screenshot which you have provided you will be able to see there).

Extensions are major components for managing the policy and reporting part.

Go to Software Catalog and search for Endpoint and check in the package.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community