McAfee ePO On premise migration to Mvision ePO questions
Got several questions about possible migration of our McAfee ePO On-Premise server to MVision ePO.
1. The doc seems to mentions that the migration will fail if you have even one inactive agent. I am assuming this means an agent that has not talked back to ePO in awhile. Is this correct as in our environment we could get systems that don't get turned on for say 6 months.
2. Our system tree structure, setup years ago, is configured by IP address group. For example we might have a building listed as a group and configured with the IP range for that building. This way system in that building move to that group. Does this scenario migrate to MVision ePO or does your system tree need to be setup via AD?
3. Currently we have SQL server running on the ePO server. What doe you do with the SQL server as I guess it doesn't migrate. I guess it still has to run on-premise is that correct?
4. Are there any good reasons that I could give to management that supports the advantages of using MVision ePO instead of On-Premise.
5. Is the migration a one time deal. What do you do with systems that say communicate to the on-premise server months after you have migrated to MVision ePO?
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.
Community Help Hub
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.