cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryzal
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

McAfee ePO 5.3.3 migration core/config error with "We don't recommend using ePO in multiple tabs"

Jump to solution

Hi, I have been doing migration of ePO 5.3.3 to new server to be upgraded to ePO 5.10.

Follow KB 66616 flawlessly but ussually with ePO 5.3.3 when I want to modify the core/config ; it will always show

"We don't recommend using ePO in multiple tabs or windows for the same user session. This can lead to data corruption. Return to your original window to continue or select 'Reset Session' to log off. An administrator can enable support for multiple tabs under Server Settings."

Theres a button reset below it but doesnt help a thing.

I remember theres a solution for this one time; where this is a bug or something but cant find it now.

Please see attached screenshot.

Anybody got any ideas how to solve this thing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Re: McAfee ePO 5.3.3 migration core/config error with "We don't recommend using ePO in multiple

Jump to solution

That was a known issue with 5.3.3.  Here are steps to remediate that so you can get epo working and upgraded.

For additional database backup procedures, see Microsoft SQL Books Online at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb545450.aspx.

1. From the server that hosts the database, click Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 20xx, and select SQL Server Management Studio.
  2. Select New Query.
  3. From the drop-down list, select your <ePO_SERVERNAME> database.
  4. Copy the following script using CTRL+C:

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * from OrionServerPropertiesMT where [Key] = 'orion.core.multiTab.serverSetting')
     BEGIN
    INSERT INTO OrionServerPropertiesMT ([Key], [Value]) VALUES ('orion.core.multiTab.serverSetting', 'true')
     END
    ELSE
     BEGIN
    UPDATE OrionServerPropertiesMT SET [Value] = 'true' WHERE [Key] ='orion.core.multiTab.serverSetting'
     END

5. Paste the copied text into the new query using CTRL+V.
  6. Click Execute.

The multi-tab block is now disabled.

After the database credentials or license key is updated, continue to step 7.

7. Reset the credentials in https://localhost:8443/core/config and restart the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x services:
    1. Click Start, Run, type services.msc, and click OK.
    2. Right-click the following services and select Stop:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Application Server
      McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Server
      McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Event Parser

3. Right-click the following services and click Start:

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: McAfee ePO 5.3.3 migration core/config error with "We don't recommend using ePO in multiple

Jump to solution

I suggest to open \core\config page in same tab rather than opening multiple tabs. 

Opening multiple tabs may lead to undesirable results like 1- unexpected console timeout, 2- policy corruption etc.

Ryzal
Level 8
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi, I have not open up multiple tab. I were trying to implement step 9, under topic To recover the ePO server of KB66616.

I opened support case once in one ePO migration/upgrade project, but they never actually solve it as I decided to migrate ePO 5.3.3 to a new server by installing new instead of migrating.

Just curious about ePO 5.3.3. I think this version is the most troublesome version. I would recommend all to bypass 5.3.3 on any upgrade project.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

That was a known issue with 5.3.3.  Here are steps to remediate that so you can get epo working and upgraded.

For additional database backup procedures, see Microsoft SQL Books Online at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb545450.aspx.

1. From the server that hosts the database, click Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 20xx, and select SQL Server Management Studio.
  2. Select New Query.
  3. From the drop-down list, select your <ePO_SERVERNAME> database.
  4. Copy the following script using CTRL+C:

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * from OrionServerPropertiesMT where [Key] = 'orion.core.multiTab.serverSetting')
     BEGIN
    INSERT INTO OrionServerPropertiesMT ([Key], [Value]) VALUES ('orion.core.multiTab.serverSetting', 'true')
     END
    ELSE
     BEGIN
    UPDATE OrionServerPropertiesMT SET [Value] = 'true' WHERE [Key] ='orion.core.multiTab.serverSetting'
     END

5. Paste the copied text into the new query using CTRL+V.
  6. Click Execute.

The multi-tab block is now disabled.

After the database credentials or license key is updated, continue to step 7.

7. Reset the credentials in https://localhost:8443/core/config and restart the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x services:
    1. Click Start, Run, type services.msc, and click OK.
    2. Right-click the following services and select Stop:

3. Right-click the following services and click Start:

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Ryzal
Level 8
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you. This is it. I were looking for this article. Thank you so much.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Glad to help.  It has been unpublished because 5.3 is end of life.

Was my reply helpful?

Pardeep
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Issue not resolved even after run the query in DB

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Have you cleared any browser cache and did you try using localhost instead of ip or servername, and are you doing this directly on epo server?  

Was my reply helpful?

Pardeep
Level 7
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes, we have tried with all local host, IP and host name even restart server but still same issue.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Could you please try the below steps:

Back up the db.properties file, located by default in <ePO installation directory>\server\conf\orion\.

1. Press Windows+R, type services.msc, and click OK.
  2. Right-click each of the following ePO services and click Stop:

3. Edit the original db.properties in Notepad.
  4. Remove any value after the equal sign (=) for the following entries:

db.user.domain=
    db.user.passwd.encrypted=

5. Save the db.properties file.
  6. Right-click the following ePO service and click Start:

Open the Database Settings page again and make the needed changes:

1. Open https://localhost:8443/core/config again on the ePO server and see if the issue is resolved at this point, if it is continue to step 2, if is not, undo the above changes and restore the original db.properties
  2. In the User name field, type the name of the account you are using to connect to SQL.
  3. In the User domain field, type the domain name to which ePO is joined.

NOTE: If you are using SQL authentication, leave this field blank.

4. Type the password of the account you are using to connect to SQL in the User password field.
  5. Retype this password in the Confirm password field.
  6. Click Test Connection to verify the new password connection to the SQL database.
  7. Click Apply and close the Database Settings page.
  8. Press Windows+R, type services.msc, and click OK.
  9. Right-click the following ePO service and click Restart

10. Right-click each of the following ePO services and click Start:

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community