cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Updater hangs up

Jump to solution
I am getting the McAfee Security Products are being deployed error. I’ve confirmed it’s done updating, and I’ve let it sit for an hour with no progress. This is becoming a bit of a chore as each new server is starting to give me issues with McAfee. Whenever signing out or restarting the machine, I get the issue that prevents the server from shutting down. I have the ePO 5.10 and Agent is 5.7.1, so it isn't an issue that was solved with the 5.6 update.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: McAfee Updater hangs up

Jump to solution

An engineer contacted me and we determined that the following resolved the issue:

Navigate to the below registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\CMNUPD__3000

And confirm if the registry value DeploymentStatus = 0. If it is 1, Then follow the below action plan. If its 0 and you are still facing the same issue, Kindly revert back

Action plan:

1>You have to disable Self Protection on Agent policy and Access

1>Protection on ENS policy. Send a wakeup call with "Force complete

1>policy and task" or Do a manual enforce from the client itself

2>Navigate to the below registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\CMNUPD__3000 Change this value to DeploymentStatus = 0

View solution in original post

9 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Are there any mcscript or any updaterui processes running that might hang things up?  I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee so we can look at logs that you shouldn't post here.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

It states "McAfee Updater     McAfee Security product(s) are being deployed. Continuing with shutdown might cause stability issues."

And yes, I have an open ticket.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

What is the SR number?  You can send it in private msg.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

I see this in the event log and no task running at the time.  Can you reproduce the issue (without actually shutting down), while running procmon to capture what might be going on with it or preventing the service from terminating on shutdown.  Is it reproducible every time or just sometimes?  If you can capture it with procmon, get new mer also matching time frame

The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: UpdaterUI.exe. ,None

Upload that to the SR and let me know when you get that please.  By the way, I only saw one mer uploaded, but at least it shows the issue.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Sent procmon logs and reran MER.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks, didn't see much in it, but having someone else check it over.  If he doesn't find anything, I will have your case owner go ahead and send it up to dev.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thank you

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

It looks like ENS was attempted to be removed and that failed, which if syscore is jacked up, things could affect the agent.  I would use the endpoint removal tool to remove all mcafee products, reboot, then reinstall.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

An engineer contacted me and we determined that the following resolved the issue:

Navigate to the below registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\CMNUPD__3000

And confirm if the registry value DeploymentStatus = 0. If it is 1, Then follow the below action plan. If its 0 and you are still facing the same issue, Kindly revert back

Action plan:

1>You have to disable Self Protection on Agent policy and Access

1>Protection on ENS policy. Send a wakeup call with "Force complete

1>policy and task" or Do a manual enforce from the client itself

2>Navigate to the below registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\CMNUPD__3000 Change this value to DeploymentStatus = 0

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community