cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Registered server Add new ePo

Dear McAfee,

I need to find out more about this feature and if it is effektive to use in terms of "transfering"  computers from an old ePo to a new ePo server. 

Customer has epo1 (old) that clients are communicating with today. 

We have setup a new ePo2 instanse with new DNS records and new dedicated DB, and need to know if we can add ePo 2 to ePo 1 as a registered server in order to transfer computers talking to epo1 (the old epo server).. I see that their are options of transfer functionallity available  once ePo2 is added to epo1 as registred server. (see attached screenshot)

Pros and Con about this feature and a KB if available. 

Br

3 Replies
rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Registered server Add new ePo

I wrote  KB for transfer systems long back and it is KB79283.

You can follow this kb for the system transfer

But if your requirement is to move all the systems in EPO A to EPO B and you have just ePO without remote AH.

Also if you knew the ePO 2 is reachable to all clients presently reporting to ePO A.

Then, you can do a simple step to move all systems to new ePO.

From the ePO A - go to AH page and click on active AH and click on the name with hyper link and udner the PUBLIC IP add the IP belongs to ePO B

Now by doing this, clients with next ASCI will get the EPO B IP and still the name is EPO A itself for now

But, when you stop the ePO Services on ePO A and if you do the ASCI, and clients first check with IP to contact and if it is reachable to ePOB, then it request for the new public key as new entry to ePO B as agent installed on this client, by this it downloads the new sitelist belongs to ePOB and that sitelist will not have any info related to ePO A IP or host, so from there after it will report to ePO B itself.

This option to be used, only when you want to move all systems from ePO A to B, if it is partially then this is NOT suggested.

Also, before you use this option or transfer systems, the first thing you have to do is to install same products packages, extensions, TAGs, groups, client task assignments and so on and on>

Get all policies for each product to ePO B, and once all is good... then only you have to try this Client moving to ePO B.

Since, on client if you have ENS/DLP, and that extensions it self not available in ePOB once got reported to ePOB then those product running on client will not enforce the changes, since it is not finding DLP or ENS in ePO.

But what it had in the last update, it will drive with those policies for these products.

In fact, you can go through the important note from the KB79283, which has all details mentioned, what all manually you have to bring to new ePO 
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283

I hoping you got an fare idea now how to drive this.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]

Great KB. Thank you! I will start reading it. 

Just to clerify the design, the customer has installed an identical design, meaning that the old Environment has 1 ePo and 1 AH (public), as in ePoA

And the new design has also 1 ePo and 1 AH (public), as in ePoB

Both enviroment are eacheble by clients internally within the same vlan and domain joined. 

Ok so if I understand your answer correctly then this option is NOT suggested if we want to move systems partially?

Our goal is to shutdown the old ePoA eventually and Transfer systems partially from ePo A to ePo B by hopefully using the Transfer function option (as Registred server) stated in KB. Which we would wanna go with since we would want to test the transfer for group of workstations first without interrupting the current communication for other users to ePOA..

This customer only use one product (Not DE or DLP) so we will try to get as much policy/tasks/tagg replicated on the new epo server as possible. 

Br

rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Okay, then follow the KB and get the machine transfer.

Before you transfer, ensure the system you selected by doing wakeup call and it is communicating successfully to existing ePO and then do the transfer.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community