cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

McAfee Agent to monitor and report to epo system resource utilization like CPU, Memory and DISK

McAfee products some times take high CPU and Memory utilization, It's highly recommended to add feature to McAfee Agent to Monitor and report to ePO system utilization status. A dashboard can be created for critical managed servers on ePO console for system resource utilization

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Agent to monitor and report to epo system resource utilization like CPU, Memory and DISK

Hello @Cemex,

Yes there is a chance the you might face high CPU utilization as McAfee OAS scan every read and write operation done on the machine on a real time basis.

Hence I would request you to check which process is taking the high resources and accordingly we can add the exclusion.

Below are the references which would be helpful to you:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88205

And

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB55139

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!
Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and Regards,
Tanvi Shamim
McAfee
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Re: McAfee Agent to monitor and report to epo system resource utilization like CPU, Memory and DISK

Thanks Tanvi !!!

We don't have such issue now but idea is to have this kind of solution in ePO to report system resource utilization.

I followed the KB60021to submit idea and this what reported in community forum. Is there any other way to raise PER ? or I followed correct path ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

That is the correct path to submit a PER. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Hello @Cemex,

That is great that you have already raised a PER request after following KB60021.

The request reaches our Product Management Team and if feasible it will surely be considered.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!
Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and Regards,
Tanvi Shamim
McAfee
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

That isn't an available feature, so you can request this via submitting an IDEA.  See KB60021.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community