cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Agent on VMware Horizon

I am new to the VMware horizon. I understand the concept, in short virtual systems are created and connected by a thin client of some kind, one to one type relation ship.

The question I have, has anyone had issues putting MA on in the VM Horizon systems ? I know the MOVE servers stuff is out there but we are not ready for that. Until we get there I was looking at just deploying the Agent to all the systems and let VSE, HIPS, DLP and the rest of the modules deploy out to them.

Looking for feedback from ePO admins that have some experience in this realm

My ePO environment

ePO 4.6.7

MA - 4.8

VSE - 8.8 P2

HIPS 8 P4 .2970

DLP 9.2 and 9.3

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee Agent on VMware Horizon

We are running Citrix for our VDI environment, which is similiar to what Horizon is. No issues with deploying MA to the master image and all the other products. I would really advise to use MOVE instead of VSE as it really takes the burden of having an client-side viruscanner installed. We've actually never used VSE on our VDI's only MOVE.

Highlighted

Does the move need its own server or is a virtual appliance installed in the hypervisor

Highlighted

The agentless version of MOVE uses an virtual applicance on the hypervisor.

The old version of MOVE that was agent based, yes, used actual MOVE servers to do the scanning.

Are you DoD? If so PM me and can trade emails to discuss more if you'd like.

Highlighted

Ahhh that makes sense on the agent and agentless then. I would image the virtual appliance is the way to go.

Added u as a friend, about to PM you

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community