cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent hot fix - how do i know its installed?

I downloaded hot fix 1174804 to the server I have ePO on and tried manually installing it using the FramePkg_upd.exe. It looks like it installed successfully but I can't find anywhere/anything that shows McAfee Agent is now version 5.0.4.449. My Software Manager shows my Agent at 5.0.4.283. How do I know the install really did anything? It said it was successful.

6 Replies

Re: McAfee Agent hot fix - how do i know its installed?

hello bonniebeth

The easy way is to see in About, right click on the shield of mcafee, you choose about and there it tells you that version of agent you have installed, although in the EPO another appears, but that is already subject of sending events

On that server there is no McAfee Agent shield just a VirusScan shield. On my PC it still shows the old version number but it's possible the Agent just hasn't synced yet.

1tguy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

The McAfee Shield not showing is pretty common and can be forced to show by running - "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\"cmdagent.exe /s

Make sure to run that in an admin CMD and it will bring up the Agent Monitor which will populate the Agent icon in the tray. You can also run the UdaterUI.exe in that same file path.

hello

You have problems, the shield should be red mcafee, if not, you can reinstall the agent that appears in the EPO, and then do the uninstall process via command line, and clean the computer do the installation of the agent, You can use VTM or MCPR even the PREINSTALL

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

Moving from  Service and Support to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Sometimes the process you mentioned   works , but if restarting the computer does not complete the mcafee shield, if it is necessary to do a clean reinstallation, or do you know how to leave it stable? If you know, please tell me how you do it, that mistake I have in several teams.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community