cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

McAfee Agent deployment via GPO configuration fault.

Morning All, When attempting to deploy the McAfee agent via GPO the agent fails to load the configuration.

However when installing the agent manually on the client machine the configuration loads and it is able to communicate with the Server and work as expected.

Can someone please help me resolve as to why the agent will not load the configuration via GPO deployment.

Many Thanks.

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Agent deployment via GPO configuration fault.

We would need to see install logs.  In the MA product or install guide, there are instructions for installing the agent via 3rd party deployment methods.  Make sure that is being done correctly.  If it is, then you might want to open a case with McAfee.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

So i managed to deploy it to approximately 40% of my machine via GPO.

On the remainder it fails, in windows event viewer i get the following error log "The ionstall of application McAfee Agent from policy OU-C-Software failed. The error was: %%1612"

mcoffee
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

When you have created your FramePkg.exe to push via GPO did you embed credentials, or did you leave the fields blank?

-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

The credentials are filled in and it has worked on 40% of my machines, however other machine return a error of %%1612.

Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hi Tye-tel, all,

As this works on 40% of the systems we can safely assume the GPO and MSI package are good as they are!

Which makes me think the problem is some sort of local matter.

Searching around for more information about the reported error 1612 message I got a bunch of returns from forums across various sites, including Microsoft that all talk about adding a delay to the startup processing of GPOs.
In an MS forum post they offer more on that :
" ... fix this by enabling Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy > Policy > Startup policy processing ..."

Here the users exaplined they set a value of 30 (seconds), and then go on to point out that although the system is suppossed to have a default of 30 seconds, it seems  its not honoured unless its actually defiend, adding the value forces compliance!

ref:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/bcf38d47-c4b6-4355-a79f-1f256bbed933/can-n...

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2122006-error-1612-when-deploying-software-via-gpo

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community