Just installed MA 126.96.36.1999 on two W10 machines (10.0.14393) to test, and on both machines, when initiating a shutdown, I get the message:
McAfee Agent Updater: UpdaterUI.exe - Application Error
The instruction at <XXXX> referenced memory at <XXXX>. The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program.
This holds up the shutdown process until you click OK.
Anyone seeing anything similar?
Are you running DLP? If so, not the same error - worth looking at: McAfee Corporate KB - Memory could not be written (Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Clipboard and Print...
I am having the same issue here. Opened a support ticket with McAfee.
My current deployment:
McAfee Agent: 188.8.131.529
VSE: 8.8 Patch 9 (184.108.40.2064)
HIPS: 8.0 Patch 9 (220.127.116.1128)
SAE: 3.5 Patch 5 (18.104.22.1687)
OS: Win10 1703 - latest Cumulative Update.
As soon as I have anything new, I will post it in here.
So apparently, this issue only appears when you have Windows 10 installed. I have verified this on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 / Server 2008R2 and Server 2012R2.
Provided the technician with the requested information and I am currently working on McAfee Corporate KB - How to create a memory dump for analysis by Technical Support KB56023
Once this is done, I am awaiting further response from them.
I will keep you posted!
McAfee has discovered an issue with the McAfee Agent 5.0.5 Hotfix 1188538. Until this issue can be resolved, the hotfix has been removed from the McAfee Downloads site.
Well, I guess this settles that for now...
Coming back with the results from the support:
I have investigated this with our engineering team yesterday and we have found that this is a memory heap allocation issue with this particular process and in light of this engineering has pulled this hotfix.
We strongly urge you to downgrade to the initial 505 version.
Regarding this case, I can escalate it to our SEO team and you can be notified by them once a new hotfix is available, but this will also be communicated via our SNS services.
The choice is up to you how you want to proceed.
So, as you said, this concludes the issue we both had
I did a rollback to the RTW version of 5.0.5 in order to get rid of that issue.
Well, you normally just make an Agent Deployment and chose the option to "force installation over existing version".
Make sure that you have the 5.0.4.x Agent in your repository.
The desired Agent should then replace the 5.0.5 Agent on the system once deployed with "force installation" switch.