cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Master Repository Status Not Showing Correct Latest Available Dat/Engine

Running EPO 4 Patch 5.  My master repository status widget on the dashboard appears to be behind in the latest available version.  For instance, even though it shows the last check as 4:36 PM today, it still shows dat version as 5806.0000 as the latest available but I got an email from My Avert around 3:20 PM that 5807 was available.  Also it's still showing the old 5301.4018 scan engine as being the latest available.

I appear to be able to telnet to myavert.avertlabs.com 8801 so I'm not thinking its a firewall issue.

See my attached screen shot.  Any ideas?

TIA

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Re: Master Repository Status Not Showing Correct Latest Available Dat/Engine

While this link shoudl be updated via AVERT as soon as the Dats are posted, you may find times where the scripts lag behind. I would give it another hour and allow the AVERT task (hidden task in epo) to run again and see if it syncs up.

If not take a look at the ePOAppSrv.log and see if the AVERT sync task is failing.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply.  It's checked for updates twice now since I posted and still showing the same info.  I don't see any errors in the ePOAppSrv.log related to myavert sync issues.  I'm able to see the xml by visiting http://myavert.avertlabs.com:8801/reportservice.asmx?wsdl from my server.  Could something be wrong on McAfee's side?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 12

Well Hate to say it, but yes. I just reproduced this issue on my test server as well.

Lets give them (Avert) a day, and if it doesn't correct it self with tomorrows dats, then you will need to open a support ticket.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

I see this behavior now on all ePO 4.5 servers I have checked since yesterday:

This master repository is up-to-date with protection against all known threats.
My RepositoryLatest Available
DAT:5807.00005805.0000
Engine:5400.11585301.4018
64-Bit DAT5807.00005805.0000
64-Bit Engine5400.11585301.4018
MyAvert Security Threats:0 unread
Last check:2009-11-20 09:01:13.587(Failed)

Clients seem to function normal and still update as if nothing is wrong, so only ePO is showing outdated information

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 6 of 12

I installed ePO 4.5 for a customer yesterday and "myAvert" isn't schowing anything....

avert.jpg

Same problem?

Nachricht geändert durch serc09 on 11/20/09 1:55 AM
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 7 of 12

You need to open up port 8801 on your FW to let ePO out so that it can check what the latest version are.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 8 of 12

This problem started with unchanged network setups and no restrictions from inside to outside for the ePO server.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 9 of 12

Karst schrieb:

This problem started with unchanged network setups and no restrictions from inside to outside for the ePO server.

Same here on my "working" 4.5 ePO - the "new" ePO of the customer is able to get updates from McAfee, but just the "MyAvert Thread Advisory"-thing isn't showing correct, and i just wanted to know if that is perhaps the same problem.

Highlighted

Looks like it's now showing 5807.0000 for latest dat but it's still showing 5301.4018 for latest scan engine.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community