Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Macafee disk space problem

Jump to solution

Hi Dear Community,

in Epo Server 5.3 (Windows Server 2012 R2) there is Macafee Disk Partition.The space of partition is 60 GB but from 60 GB  5GB is Empty. What could be the reason for the filling? Logs or other reason? 

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

Re: Macafee disk space problem

Jump to solution

For epo install directories, you would find logs in the install directory under apache2\logs, db\logs and server\logs.  Server\temp might also have a lot of files, but turn off epo services before clearing out that directory.  Otherwise you need to check your drive for what is consuming the space.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 11 of 11

Jump to solution

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

10 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

You would need to look in all the logs directories to see, but yes, that can be a factor if you have a lot of old logs.  Otherwise you would need to look to find out what is taking up the space.

Was my reply helpful?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution
Where the logs locate generally(which directory)
Thanks,
Best regards

Tabriz
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

For epo install directories, you would find logs in the install directory under apache2\logs, db\logs and server\logs.  Server\temp might also have a lot of files, but turn off epo services before clearing out that directory.  Otherwise you need to check your drive for what is consuming the space.

Was my reply helpful?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

This problem not related log files.Related other problems

But l check folders size in Disk Partition it show 2.5GB but disk space shows from 50 GB  to 45 GB is full

Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi Tabriz_Asadzade,

Is SQL (and so ePOs dB) hosted on this server as well?

The ePO version you have is an EOL version and one where we had ePO use 'Read Committed Snapshot Isolation' (RCSI), an option we moved away from with later editions of ePO. (5.9.x and higher)

Can you check to see if RCSI is 'ON' or 'OFF' please?

FYI:
ePO Read-Committed-Snapshot-Isolation-RCSI 

Was my reply helpful?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution
Spoiler
Hi @Hawkmoon 

there is a such problem l have a 50 GB dISK Partition 5GB is free of 50 GB .But l click all folder proporties there is only 5 GB size other 40GB where is l don't know
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

@cdinet  @Hawkmoon 

Thank you all for the response.I login as Administrator then l saw the log files is 20 GB .

Best regards,

Tabriz

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

Was my reply helpful?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

in MSSQL database the EPOEventMT table  size is 10GB , index spaces is 5.8GB and Datab space 4.2GB 

Can we delete the table rows?Is the process critical? or  is there any System Stored Procedure to cleanup this table?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community