cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MSME OnDemand Scan stops after 24 hours

Not sure which section to post this to. MSME is managed by EPO 5.1.1.

MSME is 8.5.

I looked at the Agent logs but the last termination reason was truncated from the log file.

This is from the MSME Product log: 30/9/2015 1:00:04 am2101The Task "TJG OnDemand Scan Weekly (Full)" has ended : Stopped (41 ompleted)

The weekly on demand job is running at the moment so I will hopefully have termination reason by tomorrow.

Attached is the configuration for the on demand scan from EPO.

ondemand_msme.png

3 Replies

Re: MSME OnDemand Scan stops after 24 hours

Server rebooted overnight due to patching so little surprised I found these entries in the log:

2015-10-06 20:00:00.465 masvc(1696.1716) scheduler.Info: Scheduler: Task [TJG OnDemand Scan Weekly (Full)] exceeded duration limits. Task stopped

2015-10-06 20:00:00.465 masvc(1696.1716) scheduler.Info: The status of the task TJG OnDemand Scan Weekly (Full)  is unknown

2015-10-06 22:29:50.976 masvc(1684.1708) scheduler.Info: Next time(local) of task TJG OnDemand Scan Weekly (Full): 2015-10-13 02:00:00

I will run the OnDemand again now.

Highlighted

Running Ondemand, options below.

MSME_OnDemand_Im.png

Highlighted

Ended up creating a M-F job that runs for 6-7 hours and restarting from the previous point in the scan on the next run.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community