cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCP Helpdesk permission set

Jump to solution
Hi colleagues, Only an administrator has the capability to access MCP Helpdesk in the configuration menu. In order to allow helpdesk users to reach this option, I'm trying to set this permission, however I cannot see this options there at permission set. I'm using Mcafee Client Proxy version 2.4.0. Regards, Elcio Lima
Elcio Lima
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 10

Re: MCP Helpdesk permission set

Jump to solution

Check in this extension and it will give you those permission sets, but only check it in after dlp is checked in.  You might have to re-check it in if you upgrade dlp.  See attached.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Make sure first you have this extension checked in:

In software manager, go to dlp 11.0 - there is an extension named mcafee data loss prevention help desk tool - help versin 2.0.0.130.  That will add the "Help Desk Actions" section in the permission set where you will find MCP actions.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi cdinet,

Thanks for the support.

Yes, I already checked whether the extension was installed in Software catalog, moreover I couldn't do the check-in because, there was only Remove or Download option, once I downloaded the extension and attempted to set up again in Software Extensions says "Can't upgrade extension mhd_help to version 2.0.0.130 because version 2.0.0.130 is already installed".

Btw I'm using epo version 5.10.

Elcio Lima
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Ok, since it is already installed, there should be a section in the permission set called "help desk actions".  In there, when you click on edit, you should see mcp and dlp help desk actions.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

There is only DLP Help Desk Actions, nothing related to the MCP. Inside this section, even I select all data loss prevention actions the helpdesk user doesn't find MCP help desk option on the menu.

Elcio Lima
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Yea, I can't find it either.  That was supposed to add it.  I am checking on it and will get back to you.  

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Check in this extension and it will give you those permission sets, but only check it in after dlp is checked in.  You might have to re-check it in if you upgrade dlp.  See attached.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Great! It worked as hoped. Now I'm able to see and edit the permission set Help Desk Actions after Check in the extension that you shared with me.

Thank you very much!

Elcio Lima
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Glad to help!  

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Can you please open a ticket for this for MCP?  With dlp 9.x and maybe some other versions, that mcp helpdesk was integrated with dlp.  It is no longer integrated and I need to get this to mcp dev so they can provide that functionality.  The newer versions of dlp remove that legacy extension, so that is why we can't find it anymore.  But, mcp extension doesn't add it, so that, in my opinion, definitely needs changed.  Let me know the SR number so I can keep track of it and make sure it gets to dev properly.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community