cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCP Catalog admin not allowing user to edit the MCP Policy

we are using the default MCP admin Catalog Permission set with allow access to edit the MCP Policies. but it seems users are not able to edit the MCP Policy even though it is allowed for them
12 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Re: MCP Catalog admin not allowing user to edit the MCP Policy

Any non-global admin user cannot edit a policy created by someone else.  They can only duplicate it and assign their own user owned policies.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

seems i got the solution in below KB article and thanks for you reply. but we should have some option which will allow MCP Policy complete access to users base on permission set configuration.

A user is unable to edit a policy with the appropriate permission sets assigned (mcafee.com)

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Thanks, I forgot about that kb.  As the kb states, that is expected behavior simply because of access control not allowing non-admins to modify something belonging to an administrator.  So by making the user an administrator also of that policy, that should then give them the needed rights.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 13

The same thing will apply to client tasks and other objects, such as queries, etc.

Was my reply helpful?

is there any chance to get the same permission to be configured in MCP Catalog admin permission set by default in future release of ePO/MCP versions as that will be easy to manage users/AD group putting in the permission set instead of adding each user in each MCP policies.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 13

You can certainly submit a feature modification request per KB60021.  That may have already been submitted, but more requests for it add weight to the request.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks but it seems the option to change or provide Policy ownership is only available if we have MCP 4.0 beta. with lower version of MCP extension, this option is not working 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 13

That isn't necessarily true.  I am running mcp 3.2, have a test user only assigned to the mcp default permission set and was able (as an admin) add that test user as a policy owner.  You can't add or remove any global admins because they are always owners of all policies, but you can add non-global admins as long as they have proper permission set.

Was my reply helpful?

in Our case, we are using MCP 3.1.0 and i tried adding test user which does not have any permission to edit and modify the any policy in ePO.  after making this user MCP Policy Owner, he still not able to edit and modify MCP Policy. what else we are missing in this case due to which user even after making Policy owner not able to modify it.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community