cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MA 4.5 deployment via evaluation branch

Hi all,

I have tested MA 4.5 and VSE8.7 in our testing environment and everything seems to be going well.

I want to stage deploy MA 4.5 in our production env.

Current scenario

ePO 4.5

CMA 3.6

VSE8.5

Can I just check in MA4.5 in evaluation branch and create a task to deploy it and assign to a TAG??? We have just 1 big container for each subnet with all workstations in it. So my idea was to create a TAG, check in MA 4.5 in evaluation, create a task to push it. Do I need to disable Global updating???

Comments are much appreciated.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: MA 4.5 deployment via evaluation branch

Yes- I've just done that. Checked MA4.5 into the eval branch. Setup a few machines with a test tag and then created a policy to install the agent to those machines based on the tag. Works great.

Highlighted

Which agent are your main machines using at the moment? Has it caused any conflicts/problems?

I assume you see in Master Repository

MA 4 or CMA 3.6 in current branch and

MA 4.5 in eval branch................Is this right?

Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Currently running MA4.0 P3 - haven't had any issues upgrading to MA4.5

I haven't tried going from 3.6 to 4.5, but when I upgraded from 3.6 to 4 I had no issues either.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community