cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of devices in Lost & Found

Jump to solution

I have just checked in the Lost & Found on McAfee 5.10 and we have nearly 1800 devices in there.

What is it that puts the devices into the correct groupings and not into L&F?

I have also noticed that the devices in L&F have a blank in LDAP location (possibly why they are not sorted into groups?), but devices in the same domain have got the LDAP location present.

We only have one LDAP server registered (and always have had) (Screen shot attached).

There is a Trust between GHA and the other domains

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to start looking for the problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lots of devices in Lost & Found

Jump to solution

Please do not post information on a public forum that contains sensitive info like server names, ip's, etc.

Are the systems in lost and found in a managed or unmanaged state, current communication, or what is the status of them?  Are there any duplicate entries elsewhere in the system tree for them?  If you move them to correct group, do they move back with ad sync?

How is the ad sync set up - to move systems to sync group, leave where they are or what?

Do you have any other sorting criteria enabled in the system tree and if so, if you do a test sort on one of those systems, would it sort in the right container?

Is system tree sorting enabled on those systems in l&f?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lots of devices in Lost & Found

Jump to solution

Please do not post information on a public forum that contains sensitive info like server names, ip's, etc.

Are the systems in lost and found in a managed or unmanaged state, current communication, or what is the status of them?  Are there any duplicate entries elsewhere in the system tree for them?  If you move them to correct group, do they move back with ad sync?

How is the ad sync set up - to move systems to sync group, leave where they are or what?

Do you have any other sorting criteria enabled in the system tree and if so, if you do a test sort on one of those systems, would it sort in the right container?

Is system tree sorting enabled on those systems in l&f?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community