Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Lost and Found Policies Best Practice ePO 5.10

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, We are migrating systems from an old ePO 5.9.1 server to a new server on 5.10. In our system tree we have a lot of different policies for different areas of our organization. While migrating systems they temporally end up in lost and found in ePO 5.10. While they are temporally in lost and found they will receive what ever policies are there. These policies may differ from the policies they came from in ePO 5.9.1 and may be different from the policies they receive when they get to the correct system tree in 5.10. The admins for the system trees areas do not want their systems getting policies that may be different while they are in lost and found. 

An example of this is MNE, in lost and found we had BitLocker set to enabled. A system which had MNE installed but came from a system tree that did not have BitLocker enabled began to encrypt when it was migrated to 5.10 and was sitting in Lost and Found. 

My question is how do most people configure policies in the lost and found system tree? Is it possible to have almost no or very few policies in Lost and Found? What is a good best practice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lost and Found Policies Best Practice ePO 5.10

Jump to solution

The policies assigned to lost and found, by default, inherit them from My Organization.  You can, however, assign any that you prefer.  You might want to assign one that doesn't enable bitlocker, but it may temporarily affect systems that do have it enabled.  However, once they get to their correct location, it would be re-enabled.

What I would suggest is to import your system tree from the old epo server, if the structure is the same, so the groups and systems would already be there.  Once the node checks in, it should update the existing entry.  Do you have system tree sorting enabled?  If so, make sure system tree sorting is enabled on the systems themselves and that your server settings has it enabled for every asci.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lost and Found Policies Best Practice ePO 5.10

Jump to solution

The policies assigned to lost and found, by default, inherit them from My Organization.  You can, however, assign any that you prefer.  You might want to assign one that doesn't enable bitlocker, but it may temporarily affect systems that do have it enabled.  However, once they get to their correct location, it would be re-enabled.

What I would suggest is to import your system tree from the old epo server, if the structure is the same, so the groups and systems would already be there.  Once the node checks in, it should update the existing entry.  Do you have system tree sorting enabled?  If so, make sure system tree sorting is enabled on the systems themselves and that your server settings has it enabled for every asci.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community