cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for info on what MQIS is in ODBC on ePO server

I was just made aware that the driver is outdated for an ODBC connection on my ePO app server.  It is under SystemDSN and it is named MQIS.  It looks like it is local and uses the SYSTEM account, for which we do not seem to have a password.  We use a different server for the ePO database.  Does anyone know what this is or what it is there for? 2021-09-14_14-44-40.jpg2021-09-14_14-45-00.jpg

6 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Looking for info on what MQIS is in ODBC on ePO server

ePO uses a JDBC native client to connect to the database, which version of ePO do you have? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

We are on ePO 5.10.0, update 10.

My concern is that our security team have scheduled disabling of TLS 1.0 in a couple of days and this ODBC connection is showing up on a report as having an old driver that doesn't support TLS 1.2.  I'm not even sure what needs to be done here, or if it will affect anything if TLS 1.0 is disabled, but can't find anything in docs.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

i understand, please open an SR with support and we can take a look

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

We do not use odbc to connect to the database.  We use jdbc connection.  Take a look at the following kb's for disabling tls 1.0.  You can disable it, but all the other requirements need to be met (database, ldap, ciphers).  The first KB listed might be best one to answer your questions.

KB91519, KB90222, KB89317, KB92364

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Do you use Mcafee Database Activity monitoring? I think that is one of our products using ODBC

Not that I know of.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community