cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with McAfee agent to server communication when reverting out ENS and going back to VSE

We are in the process of performing a VSE to ENS migration. As part of our documented testing process we would like to be able to provide a backout process in the event there are issues with the migration. Steps performed during test. 1. Ran the EUA tool to migrate a client from VSE to ENS which was successful. 2. Uninstalled ENS which was successful. 3. Reinstalled VSE which was successful. 4. McAfee agent to ePO server has communication issues after reverting back to VSE. Will get agent has failed to communicate with ePO and failed to upload package to ePO server. Client will also not update DAT files. Says its unable to find a valid repository and update process failed. When looking at the repository list on the client, it does not have our agent handlers listed only the McAfee site. I have tried to reinstall the agent, reapply certificates, used the McAfee product removal tool and the agent is still broken. The goal is to get everyone over from VSE to ENS as we realize support is ending in December but if there are issues we would like to be able to perform a successful backout process if needed.
3 Replies
pv
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issue with McAfee agent to server communication when reverting out ENS and going back to VSE

Thank you for your post.

What is the version of MA, ENS and VSE (Patch) installed on the system?

If the version of MA is 5.7.3, downgrade MA to 5.7.2 and test the issue.

If the issue still persist, i would request you to create a Service Request with McAfee Technical support by collecting Debug enabled MER for MA.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82170

Thanks

GPV

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Re: Issue with McAfee agent to server communication when reverting out ENS and going back to VSE

Hi @User19000832,

Thank you for your post. Moving it to Agent Forum to gain attention from Agent team experts.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Hello User19000832,

am from the MA team, just to understand a bit better the situation, why are you upgrading from VSE to ENS and then reverting back to VSE? does a reboot restore Agent to server communication?

If there is an SR already created please share with me the number on a private message if not could you please share privately an MER from one of the affected systems? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community