cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
web1b
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Is there a log that lists why a system goes to Lost & Found?

Jump to solution

The system tree is set to put systems in the system tree based on synching with active directory.

This is working for all systems except one.  We have already verified that there is no system with the same computer name in the system tree and verified the system is still joined to the domain.

Is there a log that states in plain English why a specific system isn't going to the correct place in the system tree and is being dumped back into Lost and Found even when we manually move it where it should be?

What are other reasons why a system would get moved back to lost and found even after manually moving it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Re: Is there a log that lists why a system goes to Lost & Found?

Jump to solution

The audit log can be found going to the epo menu - I believe it is under reporting, depending on version of epo you are running (not queries and reporting tab).

If the system is being deleted for some reason and adding itself back to epo, we would want to see the audit log and agent logs.  For that, I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Do you find a duplicate system anywhere?  Is the ad sync set to move systems to synchronized group?  Does the system move to lost and found when it checks back in?  Do you also have any other system tree sorting set up? Check the audit log - it will show if the system is being deleted during the sync or any other actions.  If there is a duplicate entry in epo for the system, delete all entries, then run the sync and let the system check itself back in to see if issue persists. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

web1b
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I looked in ePO  and searched system wide and only this system has this exact system name in the entire system tree.

Is there any other attribute other than "system name" that creates duplicates?  If so, how can that be searched?

Which audit log?  Where is it?

I'm not sure when it moved back to lost and found.  I tried moving it, doing a remote wake up and it didn't move right away. I think moves hours later or overnight.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

The audit log can be found going to the epo menu - I believe it is under reporting, depending on version of epo you are running (not queries and reporting tab).

If the system is being deleted for some reason and adding itself back to epo, we would want to see the audit log and agent logs.  For that, I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

web1b
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I found the audit log under "User Management."

The system keeps getting deleted when AD sync runs.  No explanation for this since it is a system in AD.

I assume it reappears in ePO into Lost and Found when it checks back into ePO after that.

Is there a solution for this?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Try deleting the system first, then run ad sync and see if that fixes it.  If not, you might want to reinstall the agent with forceinstall and when it creates a duplicate entry, delete both of them and see if issue goes away after system checks back in.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community