cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it possible to force an agent wake-up call automatically after a product deployment.

Hi,

I would like to force an agent wake-up call after pushing the VSE and HIPS on a new computer. I don't want to wait the "Agent-to-server communication interval" which is 1 hour. And I don't want to do it manually.

Any idea or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks !

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to force an agent wake-up call automatically after a product deployment.

Change the ASCI interval globally or create a new TAG for a short ASCI interval - assign that tag to the machines you with to affect, and then assign a new policy with a shortened ASCI to that tag.

If you're pushing the software via a task, how about adding a wakeup call to the end of that task, or to another task affecting the same machines, only scheduled a few minutes (or an hour or whatever) or so later?

Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to force an agent wake-up call automatically after a product deployment.

Hi,

This is exactly what I wanna do. Adding a wakeup call to the end of that task but I don't know how to do it. If I create another task just for that, it will apply to all computers not only the new ones created by our SCCM solution. (image solution)

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

Are you doing this deploy via an existing TAG, or Query result?

Highlighted

It's via a TAG (Send this task to all computers) under \My Organization\Workstation\. Maybe should I do it through a query ?

Highlighted

Would be no need (although you CAN).

What might just be easier would be to create a 2nd task, to implement against the same TAG as the first task, just scheduled some time (to be determined by you) later...

Highlighted

Yeah, I think it will be the best solution in that case. Thank you very much Dutchman39 😉

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community