cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Invalid EPO Server Task "Conduit Platform Health Check"

Jump to solution

Hello all, I found this problem in production and I was able to simulate it on a lab VM (EPO 5.3.1).

I checked in a package by mistake "File and Removable Media Protection 5.0". When I removed it, an EPO server task that was created became invalid, Conduit Platform Health Check (see screen shot below).

I tried to check it back in and disable the EPO Server task before deleting the product, but it still switches to an invalid state when I remove the package.

With the product checked in, it won't let me delete the task either. The Task shows as below.

Failed Workaround

- Perform a Application and SQL backup (VM ware snapshot in my case)

- Stop EPO application services

- Edit the table "dbo.OrionSchedulerTaskMT"

- Delete the invalid server task ID

- Restart EPO services

- Check Server Task Logs screen

The above steps broke other Server Tasks, forcing some to also be invalid. So don't do this

Before I open a case, I wanted to check if anyone has had experience with this or other invalid EPO server tasks and found a solution.

Thanks very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Invalid EPO Server Task "Conduit Platform Health Check"

Jump to solution

Hi all, after a couple of calls with support, and a MER, we made progress. It is also present in EPO 5.3.0. McAfee support was also able to re-created the problem.

The problem with be passed on to the FRP support team but there is a workaround to get rid of the orphaned invalid server task.

I made a mistake using SQL management studio. When you right click and delete a line, it leaves an empty line. I believe this will mess up the Task IDs. (Need to work on my SQL skills ).

Inside the EPO extension package is an uninstall.sql script. C:\McAfeeFRP5_0\Extension\FRP-extension-5.0.1.136\sql\uninstall.sql

We tried that but it also messed up other server tasks (some other tasks become invalid) recovery from VM snapshot again.

The proper way was to create a query that viewed the server tasks and then a DELETE statement. After backups, when ran a SQL query to list the task and then delete it.

Since every situation could be a little different, I don't want to just paste the SQL query. I suggest you contact support if you have this issue. You can quote SR# 4-13531057973.

If this becomes a common problem McAfee can write up a KB.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

FYI I have opened a case on this issue, SR# 4-13531057973.

It may take some time but I will advise

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi all, after a couple of calls with support, and a MER, we made progress. It is also present in EPO 5.3.0. McAfee support was also able to re-created the problem.

The problem with be passed on to the FRP support team but there is a workaround to get rid of the orphaned invalid server task.

I made a mistake using SQL management studio. When you right click and delete a line, it leaves an empty line. I believe this will mess up the Task IDs. (Need to work on my SQL skills ).

Inside the EPO extension package is an uninstall.sql script. C:\McAfeeFRP5_0\Extension\FRP-extension-5.0.1.136\sql\uninstall.sql

We tried that but it also messed up other server tasks (some other tasks become invalid) recovery from VM snapshot again.

The proper way was to create a query that viewed the server tasks and then a DELETE statement. After backups, when ran a SQL query to list the task and then delete it.

Since every situation could be a little different, I don't want to just paste the SQL query. I suggest you contact support if you have this issue. You can quote SR# 4-13531057973.

If this becomes a common problem McAfee can write up a KB.

Thanks

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community