Intermittent drop in Agent to ePO communication servers that use Agent handler to communicate.
We have 16k and plus servers pointing to one Agent Handler and One ePO, we have also another 6k servers pointing directly to ePO. We are seeing intermittent Agent to server communication issue on those servers that use AH for communication. How many servers AH handler can process agent request at any given time. I know, it suppose to handle 50 K according to the KB.
Re: Intermittent drop in Agent to ePO communication servers that use Agent handler to communicate.
You would really need to look at the masvc log on the client and server log on agent handler and epo server to see what the communication failures may be caused from. I have seen one epo server manage 200k systems without an agent handler - it is all relative to other variables.
1. Resources of the epo and sql servers
2. agent - server communication interval - if too frequent, it an cause server busy issues.
3. client task frequency - how often do they run and hit the repository?
4. use of distributed repositories rather than using epo as main repository can reduce connections
5. if using user based policies, is database mirroring enabled in server settings? This is not sql db mirroring, but it caches the ldap lookups in the database so that there are less frequent ldap lookups.
There are also many other factors that affect communication, so your server should be able to handle 22k systems, unless it is severely underpowered and/or sql is also under-resourced. I can't give you any direct cause for your issues without seeing logs from server and client for same time frame of communication attempt.
Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.
Community Help Hub
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.