Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Installation failed on EPO migration on new 2019 server

Hi,

Having some real issues trying to restore a database on a new 2019 server, these are the steps i've taken.

Note: Both the DB and ePO are on the same VM, also created EPO DR snapshot using task

On server01 I've upgraded the SQL server to 2012 and then the EPO to 5.10.0 which is confirmed working clients are checking in.

I've created Server02 which is Server 2019 with SQL 2019 and configured it with the same hostname and IP.

I've then taken a backup of the ePO_Server01 database and ePO_server01_Events and saved them on the G: of Server01

I've moved the G: over to Server02 so now both the .bak files are locally on the server.

I've turned off Server01 and given Server02 the same IP to avoid IP conflicts

I've then restored both databases using TSQL and they are now present within SQL.

I've ran IIScrypto and did the ciphersuits and then re-booted, do i need to move anything else from the old server to the new?

I've then ran the wizard and selected Restore ePO from an existing database snapshot, kept the default destination folder.

I then input the database name (ePO_Server) and then select windows authentication and use the account I use to locally log onto the VM and also SQL

( Do i need to use SQL authentication? SA? Does this need to be an owner of the two DBs?)

The installer then runs and about a minute after I get the message that the installation has failed with no notable message.

What log can I check for any error messages, I feel like i'm missing something on the SQL side of things?

I have never worked with ePO before as i'm taking over for an out of office colleague so I am purely going off of notes and documents from this website so any help would be much appreciated.

1 Reply
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Installation failed on EPO migration on new 2019 server

The account you are using needs to have dbo and dbcreator rights and under properties of the database, files, it should be owner there.  

For 5.10, when the database is on same server, it requires tls 1.0 to also be enabled, only for the install.  The windows account you are using also needs to be local admin on the epo server with log on locally rights.  

The install logs should show where the failure is otherwise.  You can find them under your profile temp directory under mcafeelogs directory.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community