Did you mean: 
User27605043
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Install of EPO Agent Handler

Jump to solution

During install you need to provide an account with Admin rights to ePO for the initial connection.

(I realize the SQL account for the next screen will be a service account for that SQL connection.)

Does that need to be a service account or can you use any account that has those rights? That is, does it need an account with a password that does not change? 

Stewart
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Re: Install of EPO Agent Handler

Jump to solution

Any global admin account will work, but it is recommended that it be one that uses epo authentication rather than windows, just for the install.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
savidudu
Level 10
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Better to use the one which is mentioned in core/config or db.prop file.

thanks

User27605043
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

That does not work for the initial request. 

Stewart
User27605043
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Just to clarify: (It appears they are looking for 2 different users).

1. Configure the server information.
    1. Type the system name of the McAfee ePO server with which the Agent Handler must communicate.
    2. Specify which port to use for Agent Handler-to-server communication. The default port is 8443, the same port used for client-to-server authenticated communication.
    3. Type the name and password of a user with McAfee ePO Global Administrator rights, and click Next. (Account for setup)
    4. Provide the password for access to the McAfee ePO SQL database, then click Next.
      The Database Information page is populated with these McAfee ePO server settings.
      • Database Server with instance name. For example, DB-SERVER\SERVERNAME.
      • Authentication type.
      • Domain name where the database server is hosted.
      • User name and Password.
      • Database name if not provided automatically.
Stewart
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

When you install a Remote agent handler it first ask you to enter an ePO administrator user so that it can connect to it and download several files from the ePO to the Remote Agent handler. One of those files is the db.properties and that file contains the current user the ePO server is using to connect to the SQL server.

That user will be automatically populated on the Remote agent handler install wizard and you need to input the password for that user.

Is the above process failing? if so at which stage?

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

User27605043
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

I guess I was not clear. The Install Guide asks for 2 different IDs. 

First one that has admin privs, the second is the DB one. Cool. The SQL account and password is a Service account and the password for that is non changing. 

The question is does the first one need to be one that has a password that does not change, or will any account with global admin privlages do? 

Stewart
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Any global admin account will work, but it is recommended that it be one that uses epo authentication rather than windows, just for the install.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community