cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Install agent handler epo 5.9.0 (build 732)

I have windows server 2012 epo 5.9.0 build 732 installed, when I install the agent handler on another server, it shows me this error, can you help me? Thank you

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: Install agent handler epo 5.9.0 (build 732)

Check out this KB

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB91298 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

hello, I could enter the note but I see that it is for epo5.10, anyway use the tool that publishes the note and I could encrypt the tls that it says. But I keep the same mistake, can you help me? thank you

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Make sure that we are installing same build/patch ePO is running. Like you are running ePO 5.9.0 then Agent Handler also should be from ePO 5.9.0.

Make sure that we are able to connect to ePO server from AH server (like ping, name resolution, telnet to port 8443 etc).

Highlighted

hello, telnet, answer the dns, ping. But it keeps giving me the error. can you help me? Thank you

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

It is difficult to troubleshoot without logs.  So, there are several tests you can try.

Can you open up the epo console in browser from the agent handler on both port 8443 and 8444?

Is this in dmz?  If so, add fqdn of epo server as well as sql server in host file.

If in dmz, use sql authenticated account to connect to database for the agent handler.  You don't have to change epo server if it is using Windows authentication - just make sure the account you use has sufficient rights.

Does test.udl connection succeed to database?  see KB70929.

Did you run IISCrypto on the agent handler server?  If not, run it (free download from nartac) and choose best practices, then reboot.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Hi, thanks for responding.
The epo is on the LAN, and the agent handler you want to install is going to be on the dmz. this is correct?

Thank you
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Are you asking us if the agent handler will be in dmz?  That is your choice based on your needs.  If you are installing in dmz, there is a KB for this - KB59218 

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

good morning, it keeps giving me the same error. Could someone pass me epo 5.9.0 (build 732) ?. I do not have the download folder, perhaps not being the same build gives me an error.
thank you
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

You can download 5.9.0 install files from your software catalog in epo or the mcafee download page.  

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community